Thursday, 22 January 2015

Felt Like Writing Tonight!xo

Just about to turn 25
I think it’s time to look back on my life
I’m still here, I’ve survived
I guess it’s a passion to live while I’m alive
Start with this
Normal kid, 4, and the parents split
You know the usual shit
6, big brother ran in front of a car and got hit
He died in the hospital
It felt like the whole world stood still
I looked at Mummy, there was something different about her eyes
For a long time she struggled just to be alive
I was too scared to leave her side
I couldn’t lose her, like I lost my brother
Grief is a pain like no other
But her love and strength, she continued to give
Even though she deserved to pack it all up and call it quits
14 years old
Met drugs and alcohol
Getting smashed, wishing the pain would dissolve
I was going fast and hard down a hole
I was completely losing control
15, anxiety attacks
Almost gave up but couldn’t go out like that
I was struggling to get my sanity back
But stability was something I continued to lack
16, I met the love of my life
There something about him, everything just felt right
I was falling and he gave me a safe place to land
I can thank him and his family for the woman I am
17, here comes a baby, unplanned
I was tired and sick everyday
Thought it was normal, then one day
I felt my heart race
Felt like I was going to fall on my face
Found out my baby and I were in a dangerous place
I had to have him early to make us both safe
I held on three more weeks
I wanted to hold him in longer
Let him grow and be stronger
My organs were failing
My heart was breaking
I felt the toll Pre-Eclampsia was taking
Andre’ was 615grams when I had him
So fragile, so thin
Almost transparent skin
2 operations, blood transfusions
Days and nights of utter confusion
We got told we’ll have our son home by Christmas
He died that November
The rest is all blurry, hard to remember
Burying your child is the hardest thing to do
Blamed myself for everything our little boy went through
I felt so guilty, sometimes I couldn’t sleep at night
My own guilt is the worst enemy I’ve ever had to fight
In every tunnel I went through, my Angel showed me the light
I feel my baby here telling me it’s alright
For three months our little fighter survived
And his fighting spirit is what keeps me alive
You never get over it, you just learn to live on
And keep praying that God gives you what you need to be strong
The road of grief is painful and long
In 2012 I was blessed with a happy and healthy daughter
Never been happier, finally my life felt in order
But the weight gain caused an eating disorder
You will only see what a let you see
Trust me there’s much more to me
See I’ve fought fights you wouldn’t believe
I am not one to wear my heart on my sleeve
But every fight I’ve had, I’ve won
But this time I got punched so hard, I was almost done
See I was 23 when I got that call, my Dad attempted suicide
That day I cried more than I’ve ever cried
He was on life support for three days
Before we turned the machines off and he died
What a cruel way to have to say good bye
The days were just as dark as the night
I didn’t know how anything could ever be right
Just to breathe was a fight
Then my little girl would come into sight
My daughter was the only thing that got me through
Because of her, what my Dad did, I could never do
Thought about it though,
Over the edge, I wanted to go
The next few months dragged on, time went so slow
It gave me time to grow
I took the time to get to know
Who I really am
That is when I started to understand
That I’m no longer a broken girl
I’m no longer afraid of the world
I’m fully grown, not alone
I no longer live in a house
I live in a home
I look around and I really don’t have a reason to moan
I’m nowhere near where I was before
I don’t really know what I’m writing this for
I guess it’s because I’m almost another year older
I made it through, the pain is all over
It is hope to you, I want give
You’ve got a life, be happy and live
Look at what I’ve had to handle
Let me be an example
You can get through anything
You just have to keep believing, keep your faith
You are where you need to be, you’re in the right place
You can face what you need to face
Slow down life isn’t a race
Sometimes you have to close your eyes to see
Let it all go, just live and let be.


Penney Laubscher

No comments:

Post a Comment